We incorporate Stem Cells into a number of different treatments at FIRMASKIN Med Spa. Treatments combined with Stem Cell Therapy facilitate exponential healing and collagen proliferation. But, not all SC’s are created equal. It is important to understand the difference between the various types of SC’s that are commonly used is skin care and aesthetics products and treatments.
Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells
- Scientifically proven to be superior as they are the chief healing stem cells
- They control the healing process, participate in and promote cellular proliferation, and quench inflammation.
- These stem cells are the only proven anti-inflammatory and anti-aging stem cell, thanks to the growth factors and cytokines they contain
Fibroblasts (tissue derived)
- Obtained from neonatal foreskin circumcisions
- They take orders to proliferate and produce collagen and elastin from bone marrow stem cells.
- Fibroblasts are weak producers of growth factors and cytokines, secreting only 1/15 to 1/50 the amount secreted by bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells.
Adipose (fat derived)
- Obtained from liposuction waste
- Cells produce adipokines (fat cell precursors), which make more fat
- Not relevant as humans do not have the receptors to ‘speak’ to plant growth factors
What kind of SC’s do we use?
We use Mesenchymal Stem Cells, exclusively. MSC’s are pluripotent stem cells derived from human bone marrow. Pluripotent cells can differentiate into one of many cell types such as skin, bone, tissue and blood.
Why are growth factors, cytokines and peptides important?
In simple terms, growth factors are the messenger signals that tell our cells to respond. As the “EMT of the body”, Mesenchymal stem cells arrive at the location of a trauma and begin a cell proliferation process which produces cytokines (aka peptides), growth factors and proteins that direct the body’s response from the surrounding cells.
Where do the stem cells come from and is it ethical?
Our MSC’s are donor certified stem cells from GMP Medical Laboratories. They are derived from donated bone marrow and are non-embryonic. These are the same quality and sources that supply cells for research and transplantation.
How can stem cells be in a topical product?
They CANNOT. THERE ARE NO STEM CELLS IN OUR MSC PRODUCTS. Stem cells cannot live outside of a controlled environment like the body or the lab and the molecular size is too large to penetrate the skin. This is not possible and any product that claims that their products contain actual stem cells is presenting misinformation.
Schedule a consultation to learn how MSC Therapy can help you achieve your skin care goals more effectively.